[jahsonic.com] - [Next >>]
Related: American music - 1980s dance music - funk - soul music - Roy Ayers
DescriptionOn many occasions, Edwin Birdsong has collaborated with Roy Ayers, as he was a major contributor to Ayers' albums of the early to late 1970s as a singer, writer, and producer. Birdsong worked on the Mystic Voyage, Lifeline, and Let's Do It albums in addition to developing the Eighties Ladies project with Ayers. His solo career often comes as a surprise to many, but he had been recording an interesting blend of fusion, funk and jazz since the early 70s. He's best known for the dancefloor hit "Rapper Dapper Snapper," a zany P-Funk influenced groove that doesn't represent the full range of his talent. -- Anthony Rucker
- 'Running Away' (polydor) was co-written with Roy Ayers
- Sg 342 Salsoul Edwin Birdsong Rapper Dapper Snapper 1980 12"
- Sg 363 Salsoul Edwin Birdsong Funtaztik 1981 12"
- Sg 367 Salsoul Edwin Birdsong She's Wrapped Too Tight 1982 12"
- 2z8-3671 Philadelphia Edwin Birdsong Goldmine/Phiss Phizz 1979 12"
- 4z8-3709 Philadelphia Edwin Birdsong Freaky Deaky Sities/Lollip 1979 12"
- On Sound of New York Records?????
your Amazon recommendations - Jahsonic - early adopter products