[jahsonic.com] - [Next >>]
Related: emotion - expressionism - communication - language
- 1. The act of expressing, conveying, or representing in words, art, music, or movement; a manifestation: an expression of rural values.
- 2. Something that expresses or communicates: Let this plaque serve as an expression of our esteem.
- 5. A particular word or phrase: “an old Yankee expression... ‘Stand up and be counted’” (Charles Kuralt).
- 6. The outward manifestation of a mood or a disposition: My tears are an expression of my grief.
- 7. A facial aspect or a look that conveys a special feeling: an expression of scorn. --American Heritage Dictionary
A facial expression is a motion or position of the muscles of the face. Facial expressions often express, or are interpreted as expressing, emotion.
Facial expressions include:
- crying (that is with sadness)
- smugness or self-satisfaction
your Amazon recommendations - Jahsonic - early adopter products